Saturday, May 31, 2008

Caribbean Blue

Ever since I descended in New Delhi last November, I have been planning to acquire a motor car for my family and self. Motor car, indeed motor car, that is what I wanted. My one point criteria for selecting a car was value for money. I wanted maximum provision with minimum expense. After consulting lots of friends and so called auto experts, I convinced my self to go for Maruti 800. Nothing is cheaper than Rs189000/- car. All along, friends and alikes protested against my choice.... reason given...it is too ordinary. Frankly speaking, status and looks are very tempting, and I am too human not to be guided by them. Many a decision have gone awry, just because I acted with a single motive of keeping my ego and trying to meet everyones expectation. Often than not, my life is based on my perception of what others wanted of me, and on how I wished to please. Very often, I end up letting my perception of others expectation of me lead me rather than leading a life that was within me, which was yearning to be given a chance for leading owns life.
Now, once again I was torn between please all attitude and my vision of running family of of six and a parent back home with a take home pay of just Rs15000 in Delhi. My economic compulsion weighed heavily over my self inflated ego. In moments of absolute peace and stillness, I patted myself for deciding according to my rationality, rather than my emotion. But was it to be?
Last week, my departmental sanctioned a car loan of Rs144000/- and this, somewhat started blurring my vision of rationality. When I called my wife one evening and told her about my decission to go ahead with Maruti, she very gently expressed that Maruti 800, though good, was too run down, and referred how we have been driving one for near about last one decade. She opined we might consider Maruti Alto, which will give atleast a feel of channge.
Man, nothing touches a husbands ego than a wife daring in such innocuous manner. I was moved, but my prospect of living on Rs15000/- per month with a relatively large family kept me bound to my economic necessity. Well, I was still decided on going ahead with my old 800.
Last week I paid a visit to Rana Motors near Bikaji Cama place and started flipping through brochures. Salesman was at his politest way, my eyes were feasting on many cars that were displayed. While going through Alto's brochure a word 'CARIBBEAN BLUE' caught my eye. Man, consider me whatever you wish, but I had never heard of this colour and I fell in love with this colour instantly. My mind gave way to my heart without any tinge of remorse and I immediately expressed my desire to own a 'CARIBBEAN BLUE'. Salesman asked me whether I wanted to test drive or look at one that was in their garage. I didnt feel the need to have a look, I simply liked it from the brochure. Love was love and there was no place for condition . And to be in love at first sight was simply exhilarating. The cost worked out to be Rs2,89,700/- i.e after taking into account all the rebates. This was well above my budget, but desire is desire and nothing stands between my desire and my objective. Throwing all my well calculated arithmatic of economics to wind, I fished out last of my penny from my savings and ordered for my beloved 'Caribbean Blue Colour Alto'.
Today turned out to be my lucky day, a day I was looking forward for my Caribbean Blue Colour Car. I went to take delivery of my beloved car and tell you all! it didnot disappoint me.
The colour is simply cool. And I have kept it tenderly locked up in my garage as if a young lover would put his arm around his beloved for the first time.
This is the short and long of how I ended up owning a
'Caribbean Blue Colour Alto' today.

6 comments:

dani sulu said...

This article was written on the evening of 29th May 2008. When I tried to upload it, google disabled my blog with a message that my blog was suspected of generating spasm and performing unauthorised action. This was a big surprise. I had started this blog a day before, and here I stood chastised by google, for reasons god and google only knew.
Today morning when I checked, I found it enabled once again. I decided to post the same write up without a change just to see whether my script had something to do with disablement factor. However, as it stands, it came up without a hitch. Did anyone else experince disablement by Google? Care to share your experience?

AG said...

Hi Sulu,
Congratulation on owning Caribbean Blue Alto car.

[Off-topic]

It's nice to see that you have started your own blog..Happy blogging..

dani sulu said...

Thanks, AG.

Anonymous said...

Itz Mama fm O. Congrates for New CARIBBEAN BLUE car.Also being back at Delhi.Happy drive...

taj said...

.... ahh..ROFL..Your male ego must have got better of you when your better half expressed her desire for Alto.... LOL... anyway happy drive.. me went for santro xing GL on 11-10-2008

dani sulu said...

Thanks Taj. My male ego was certainly pricked ... but when you are married you learn to drive on puntured tyre.. Eh! Congrats for your Santro. Its a wonderful car.